If you don't see something in our list of opportunities that fits your skills or interests, let us know how you'd like to help and we'll find something perfect for you! This is an unpaid, volunteer position (as is Editor-in-Chief), but it may be listed on your resume/C.V. In many cases, a volunteer position also qualifies for college internship credit.
- All staff receive access to free digital copies of E&GJ publications and a discount on print copies.
- Readers have a unique opportunity to see trends in poetry and short prose and enjoy early access to work from established and emerging writers.
- Authors and poets have consistently reported that spending time in the "slush pile" of any magazine has improved their own writing, and this has been confirmed by E&GJ Press volunteers, too.
- NEW Active team members receive a free subscription to Scribophile Premium.
- NEW Active team members receive a free subscription to Duotrope.
Because all tasks are completed online, there are no location requirements. We have staff members around the world, and we welcome international applicants.
Student interns who are seeking to fill credit requirements by volunteering are welcome and encouraged to apply. Because we are a non-profit and this is an unpaid internship, we have the flexibility to tailor the role to fit each student's interests and academic needs.